I recently led a session introducing 20 ideas for using technology in the classroom in 20 minutes. This post is something of an index to those 20 ideas that are all expanded upon on this site.
Each idea has a post and you can find them by following the links below (in the order in which they were mentioned in the session) or by using the other navigation around the site. An alphabetical list of all the posts on this site can be found on the ‘list of posts’ page linked above.
Here are the 20 ideas:
- Using timers in lessons
- Wireless Keyboards
- PowerPoint shortcuts
- Downloading YouTube videos
- Interactive timelines – Mnemograph
- Easier web addresses – URL shortening
- Paperless planning with Teachers Personal Information Manager
- Webcams for showcasing work
- Drag and drop in PowerPoint
- Bubbl.us – online mind-mapping
- Teachers TV – not just for teachers
- Live web pages in PowerPoint
- Create interactive games, activities & quizzes with Contentgenerator.net
- Multiple email addresses in one
- Temporary web pages with Google Docs
- Delicious.com – free your bookmarks
- Publish a homework tasks blog easily
- Using sound effects in lessons
- Collect data with Google forms
- What are other teachers doing?